High School Equivalency (HSE) Preparation and
Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
Earn a high school equivalency credential to advance you academically and at your workplace!
Suffolk County Community College Offers the TASC/HSE preparation program for those seeking to earn a high school equivalency credential.
New York State now administers the TASC rather than the GED for those people who do not hold a high school diploma.
Preparatory classes are available to students who are 17 years of age and older. Courses enable students to prepare for the TASC, earn a high school equivalency diploma, improve educational skill levels and increase employment opportunities. The instruction and classes are specially designed and customized for the student’s skill level. Students work at their own pace as instruction in individual or small group setting. Three-hour classes, which meet twice a week, offer instruction in subjects which include; social studies, reading, English, math, and science.
Long Island Applicants Only
According to the NYSED webpage, Test Centers may not accept examinees from outside their geographic region. Therefore, please be advised that we will only be accepting applications from within the Long Island Region which includes Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
HSE/TASC Application Process
TASC Application Process
- Office for Continuing Education receives the applicants TASC Test application mailed to:
Suffolk County Community College
30 Greene Avenue
Sayville, NY 11782
Attn: TASC Program
- The application is reviewed by the TASC Coordinator and approved or declined. If declined we will mail the applicant to the address on the application with a letter describing what needs to be corrected or completed. The most common reason for an application to be returned is it si missing a photo copy of proof of NYS residency.
- Once the application is approved the applicant will receive an e-mail with a test date, location and all other pertinent information.
Additional information related to eligibility requirements, accommodation requirements, test applications and general TASC information can be found at the following links:
🆕 Suffolk County Community College has opened the test center.
We have a new rule to follow in order to test at our locations.
- You must wear a mask at all times on campus; masks must be worn throughout the entire exam.
- All participants will be required to take the COVID Health Survey the day of the exam by public safety or the TASC examiner when entering onto campus.
- During check-in, two forms of ID are still required. You will hold it out for the examiner to view, your IDs will not leave your hands.
- It is preferred that you bring your own number 2 pencils the day of the exam.
- Your seats will be assigned, and you will be brought into the testing room individually. This will be your seat for the duration of the exam.
- You must practice social distancing during the entire time on campus; this includes when you are waiting to be brought into the test and when you are on your breaks between tests.
- Calculators will be provided by the test centers and will be sanitized after your use. NYSED rules state you may not use your own calculator. You must use the calculator provided by the test center.
- Paper-based testing has 13 seats available per exam.
- Computer-based testing has 8 seats available per exam.
- This is a fragrance-free environment.
We must have received your completed TASC application in order to reserve your testing spot.
You are not guaranteed the chosen test date until we have received your completed application and you have received an e-mail from us confirming your date. Seats are limited due to COVID – 19 standards.